Being an impressive lover and partner in bed is not only measured by how much you can pleasure your partner, but also how long. Apparently, there is one issue stands in the way of many men, regardless of their age and health status: premature ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation has been plaguing men for quite a long time now. This causes an enormous negative impact to their sex lives, performance and even relationships with their partners. Over the years, premature ejaculation treatment techniques and medications have been introduced to men who suffer with this undesirable sexual issue.
Here are 15 things that will tell you more about premature ejaculation – including ways to get your premature ejaculation treated and tips to prevent it. Be sure to read through to the end, so you don’t miss out on some simple premature ejaculation natural treatment methods.
1. First, What You Need to Know About Premature Ejaculation
One of the most distressing psychosexual conditions that any man can go through is premature ejaculation. This is a condition that will still allow a man to have intercourse, yet as the name suggests, they finish prematurely or ejaculate early before they are ready. This can cause issues in the bedroom and have a huge negative impact on a man’s ego.
Here is the most alarming part: this condition can happen to any man. This means regardless of your age, size, weight and lifestyle, you can experience premature ejaculation, although men with unhealthy lifestyles and diets may have a higher risk of developing this psychosexual health disorder.
What exactly is premature ejaculation?
This is a psychosexual disorder that occurs when a man would ejaculate sooner than he or his partner would intend to during sexual intercourse or any sexual act. This is one of the most common sexual health conditions recorded in men, and statistics show that an estimated count of one in every three men are affected with premature ejaculation. If this happens frequently, you may possibly be dealing with this condition.
Doctors state that an infrequent case of early ejaculation is not something that you should be worried about. This is a normal phenomenon that can be caused by common things like fatigue, too much emotion put into the action or a lack of experience.
Major causes of premature ejaculation include psychological reasons, and physical or biological reasons. The good news is that this is a highly treatable condition. There have been many studies and actions taken to tackle premature ejaculation treatment. Like any other health condition, knowing the cause is an important factor to be able to correctly treat the stipulation.
2. Get to Know the Culprits: Physical and Biological Causes of Premature Ejaculation
There are many physical and biological conditions that can possibly trigger premature ejaculation. Among these are:
- Unbalanced brain chemicals
- Unbalanced hormones
- Abnormal hormone development
- Ejaculatory system malfunction
- Prostate inflammation or infections
- Urethra infections or inflammation
- Thyroid problems
- Nerve damage
Aside from the physical aspects, how your mind operates also matters in the world of premature ejaculation. Check out the next section to learn more about the psychological causes of premature ejaculation.
3. It’s All in the Mind: Psychological Causes of Early Ejaculation
While there is no exact cause of premature ejaculation, doctors believe that the physical and psychological factors are only co-occurring conditions that trigger this sexual disorder. Other doctors also believe that earlier stages of sexual activities also play a huge part in developing a man’s ability to perform sexually and his ejaculatory capacities.
Psychological factors are seen to have higher risks in developing premature ejaculation cases, and this is mostly because the mind has the ability to control the physical responses of the body. The following psychological state and triggers can cause premature ejaculation cases in men:
- Trauma or guilt from previous sexual encounters or even personal experiences not related to sex.
- Those suffering from anxiety and panic disorders.
- Men with a history of erectile dysfunction issues.
- Those who have ongoing problems with their current relationships. May be categorized by, but not limited to: having multiple partners, or a lack of intimacy and/or lack of affection toward their partner.
4. The Signs and Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation
While infrequent cases of early ejaculation are not something to be highly concerned about, there are certain situations that make one a possible candidate of premature ejaculation disorder. To simply put it into perspective, this sexual disorder is, by its name, a condition where a man ejaculates prematurely before he or his partner intends him to. This can cause major frustration on both parties, especially if the sexual intercourse ends abruptly because of this.
Some men are able to recover immediately and continue with the intercourse, but may end up in the same scenario again. Cases of premature ejaculation may vary from man to man, as there are different causes of this condition.
There are, however, scenarios being looked at to determine if an individual may be a candidate of this sexual disorder. Among these scenarios are:
- Those who are unable to control their ejaculations.
- Inability to delay the ejaculation during sexual intercourse.
- Ejaculation during the first few seconds to a minute of penetration. Usually does not last more than a minute. This scenario happens every time or most of the time one has sexual intercourse.
- Being frustrated because of premature ejaculation, which causes a man to avoid any sexual acts for fear of failure.
5. A Red Flag: Premature Ejaculation May Be a Sign of an Alarming Health Problem
Premature ejaculation may be a separate condition, but in most cases, it as a result of underlying medical and health problems, and this sexual disorder may just be one of the symptoms. As the possible causes listed would suggest, this sexual disorder may be stemmed from psychological and physical or biological causes.
The condition itself do not present high risks to your health; however, it could taint personal and sexual relations with your partner, the underlying and co-occurring health problems may pose as an alarming situation to the overall health status.
Here are some instances:
- Premature ejaculation caused by prostate problems may be a sign of more concerning prostate conditions.
- Unbalanced hormones and blood chemistry can present long term problems in your health that can lead to permanent illnesses.
- There are also the possibility of thyroid problems and nerve damages from trauma – although these causes have yet to be further proven, it also presents alarming health risks to the individual.
The common psychological causes of PE may be treated through counseling and psychiatric medication, but it can still fall into physical results such as depression or even suicidal ideation. Anxiety disorders, panic disorder and personal relationship problems with family, partners and friends can deeply sever one’s ability to think rationally.
6. Reality Speaks: The Effect of PE on Your Life
Premature ejaculation in itself will not increase alarming health risks. The underlying and co-occurring conditions are more likely to create complications in health rather than this sexual disorder. However, there are major issues that can arise from this condition:
- Problems with Fertility – Although it will not generally affect the sperm health and sperm count of a man, it may present some problems with fertility. In rare yet significant cases, men who suffer from premature ejaculation may have difficulties in fertilization. This can have a huge impact on relationships and marriage, especially if you are at a stage when you and your partner would want to start a family.
- Problems with Relationships – Infrequent cases of early ejaculation may seem fine for you and your partner. These are normal phenomena that can happen in any sexual intercourse, if you are tired, excited or have too many emotions put into the deed. However, if it becomes a regular condition that presents limitations to your abilities in bed, this may cause frustration to you and your partner.
- Because of the sexual and bedroom problems, this can cause internal battles within yourself and lead to stress. This can severely affect your daily routine and even go as far as causing an inability to perform well at work. Having to think about the premature ejaculation issues on a regular basis can cause distress and anxiety that can lead to a lack of sleep, inability to concentrate and changes in eating habits.
This is only the beginning. The reality of the situation will present itself when you are both becoming irritable or distressed because of what is going on in bed, or the lack thereof. This can lead to problems with relationships, which can even lead you to losing the relationship. This can sever ties with friends and other people you have both come to associate with.
7. Facing Your Real Enemy: The First Step in Treating Premature Ejaculation
Some men may feel awkward or embarrassed to seek help from doctors, especially when it comes to sexual health. To put it simply, there is a lot more at stake than just your sexual health. Ego and pride are some of the many factors to consider should a man admit that he has problems with his sexual capacities.
Facing the problem is the first step to redemption. When you are strong and open enough to face the possibility of a sexual disorder, this is where the true healing begins.
Seeking medical help and accurate diagnosis is an important factor to know what is causing the problem and what premature ejaculation treatment is the best approach. Each cause may have a different treatment method, which is why it is important that correct diagnosis is given.
8. Seeking Medical Help for Premature Ejaculation Treatment
Men who feel awkward or embarrassed about having this condition should keep one thing in mind. Premature ejaculation is easily treatable. The sooner you get the diagnosis, the sooner you can start early treatment and find relief from the stressful situation that you are undergoing.
When you feel that you are ready to face the real enemy that is premature ejaculation, the next step is to set a doctor’s appointment. Seeking medical help is the most important task to complete to quickly address the issue. Your doctor should be able to identify and analyze the root cause of the problem, and from there administer the needed treatments you need to address the cause.
Before seeing the doctor, you should also make your own preparations to ensure that you are well-equipped for your appointment. You should prepare the following items:
- List the symptoms you experience that leads you to believe you have premature ejaculation. If it is an infrequent case, indicate the average frequency of the times you experience it, what you felt or what the situation was during those times.
- Identify any medical conditions, occurring or historical. Write down the medications you are taking, or the ones you took before.
- Look back at your previous sexual experiences and partners. Do you have the same situation? Was there any part in your sexual history that might have triggered you to have premature ejaculation cases?
- Prepare and make note of any underlying questions you have about your current situation. Do not hesitate or be afraid to ask your doctor these things, as these may help you to become better faster.
When you have these items prepared and you are set for your appointment, there are a few pointers to remember when you are finally in your doctor’s clinic:
- Treat your doctor as a friend you can talk to about your problem.
- Your premature ejaculation treatment may not immediately start right after your appointment.
- You might undergo some tests that may help your doctor to fully isolate the cause of the problem. This is to ensure that you are given the right treatment.
- Answer your doctor’s questions honestly and as far as your memories can serve you.
- Be patient, as it may take time to determine the underlying cause and proper treatment program.
9. The Guessing Game: Undergoing Testing and Getting a Proper Diagnosis for PE
Your doctor may require a few laboratory and other tests to fully isolate the main cause of the problem. Identifying the root cause will allow a faster and more efficient way of treating premature ejaculation cases. As this condition is seen to have different causes, and unless your symptoms are direct, you may undergo some tests.
Diagnostic tests may include, but is not limited to:
- Doctor’s Interview – You may need to answer a series of questions from your doctor about your sexual history and other sexual capacities. It is important that you answer these questions honestly and accurately.
- Urine Test – This test will determine if you have infection. An infection may be a possible cause of your early ejaculation. This is common for cases of infrequent premature ejaculation.
- General Physical Exam – A general check up will give your doctor an overview of your lifestyle, diet and exercise programs where your doctor should be able to pinpoint what you are doing wrong and/or right that may be causing the problem.
- Blood Test – Hormonal and blood chemistry imbalances may also be a cause of this sexual disorder, thus blood tests may be one of the procedures you will undergo.
- Psychological Test – Since one of the major possible premature ejaculation causes is psychological, you may be subjected to psychological examination to identify any disorder that can be co-occurring with this disorder.
10. Bye Bye PE: Premature Ejaculation Medical Treatments Available to Men
Premature ejaculation treatments have popped up left and right over the years, which is good news for men who go through this condition. Doctors can prescribe specific types of treatments and medications depending on the causes, symptoms, frequency and other factors involving this sexual disorder. The most common types of premature ejaculation treatment in the medical side are:
- Ejaculation Therapy – This therapy is a behavioral technique that is highly recommended by many doctors before proceeding to actual medication. This therapy is done by simple techniques. You will be asked to masturbate one to two hours before sexual intercourse. This technique can delay ejaculation. Another technique is where the candidate is advised to try other sexual acts or foreplay, and not to focus or go directly to intercourse.
- Premature Ejaculation Creams and Sprays – These are mostly anesthetic creams that make your penis feel numb, thus delaying the ejaculation. The same goes with premature ejaculation sprays. These solutions are seen to have potential side effects to the reproductive organ. It may also cause allergic reactions to the male and female. Be sure to seek medical advice before using the method.
- Premature Ejaculation Pills – Although there are no “pills” for this condition per se, medications that treat other co-occurring and underlying health conditions can also help in getting back the ejaculatory health.
- Psychological counseling. Premature ejaculation cases caused by mental disorders such as anxiety and/or panic disorder should undergo professional counseling.
11. Consider Natural Treatments for Premature Ejaculation
Natural treatments can also be given to individuals who want to do away with chemical-induced medical treatments. The most effective natural treatments for premature ejaculation are:
- Practicing Yoga and relaxation methods regularly.
- Breathing methods, which will allow you to control your muscles, as well.
- The squeeze method, where you or your partner will squeeze the tip of your penis when you are at the brink of orgasm. Repeat this for several instances until you are able to control your muscle contractions.
- Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic muscles.
12. Maintaining Your Ejaculatory Health to Prevent Erection Issues in Bed
Maintenance is the key to ensure that, once your premature ejaculation problem is treated, you will not have a relapse anymore. When you are able to identify the cause of the problem, it is easy to identify the treatment from there.
After the treatment, continue doing some of the natural methods that can help maintain your ejaculatory health. For medical methods, seek advice from your doctor if you wish to continue these medications.
The easiest and highly recommended maintenance are the natural technique. Natural techniques have little to no lasting side effects in the body, and they even improve your muscle control.
13. Stop Premature Ejaculation with These Preventive Techniques
While premature ejaculation treatments are easy to reach nowadays, prevention is still better than cure. It may sometimes seem uncontrollable, but early diagnosis is essential to prevent this condition from going further down the road.
Prevent and cure premature ejaculation from invading your life by making sure that your ejaculatory health is well-maintained.
You can do that by following these few tips:
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Avoid lifestyle vices, such as smoking and too much alcohol consumption.
- Stay positive and happy. Avoid stressing out.
- Rest well and get enough sleep.
- Make love with your partner regularly. Be on the lookout for any possible issues, but do not stress out too much.
- Once in a while, try doing some of the natural treatments and techniques such as Kegel exercises, yoga and relaxation methods.
14. Vitamins and Supplements to Boost Both Erection and Overall Health
Vitamins and supplements can help maintain the health, which can resound in the ejaculatory health. Supplements for reproductive organs are also effective in health maintenance, not only on its capacities but also on ejaculatory tendencies.
There are many supplements available in the market that promise to bring back your groove back in bed. The challenge now is finding what vitamins and supplements are best for you to tackle not only the premature ejaculation case, but also improve your sexual skills.
You can ask your doctor, friends, and even colleagues for recommendation to make sure you treat premature ejaculation.
15. At the End of the Day, Constantly Find Ways to Improve Your Sex Life
Do not allow a minor glitch to ruin your sex life. Premature ejaculation may be quite a common case, but it is highly treatable and easily avoidable according to the tips mentioned.
Improve your sex life and stop premature ejaculation from threatening and ruining your sex skills. Be in control of your sexual self and maintain your sexual health by staying fit and making sure that your sexual skills are always in check. At the end of the day, it’s also about doing what you can for your down there so you could finally say premature ejaculation is treated.
Treating premature ejaculation is an easy task as long as you, first and foremost, accept that you may possibly have this condition. Although premature ejaculation poses relatively small health risks, it can impact your sex life and manhood in a distressing way that can drive you crazy. Be sure to keep your ejaculatory health in check all the time and take note of the premature ejaculation treatment that suits you most.